Android Tablet-Style image doesn't boot

My indiedroid nova came with a linux distro… I’m trying to flash the Android image on the eMMC if possible. When I downloaded the android image and used Etcher, it said something like “could not find boot in image file, flash anyway?”

I went ahead and flashed anyway but unfortunately my device won’t boot.

So for now I went ahead and re-flashed my eMMC with Batocera and that seems to work.

Any ideas on how I can get the android image to work on eMMC storage?

I’d also like to use the sdcard as secondary storage for my files and such. basically eMMC will be the “OS Drive” and the sdcard will be my own personal files.

Thanks,
–AlexCory

Hello Alex,

We mentioned that in our Troubleshooting page “Troubleshooting | Indiedroid Wiki” Android (Tablet-Style) and Buildroot are the only two images that need to be flashed using rkdevtool, the rest of the images need to be flashed using a software like balenaEtcher. So, unfortunately that specific Android image and buildroot cannot be flashed with balenaEtcher.
If you want to flash the Tablet-Style version of Android you can follow this instructions “User Guide | Indiedroid Wiki

Hopefully this can allow you to get that image working on the Nova.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

-Brandon

Thanks for pointing that out, i didnt see that. i was able to get android to work with the instructions you provided.

Thank you!

No problem!

Glad you were able to get it working!