No audio through hdmi or usb type c on android

Anyone has a solution to get audio from hdmi or usb c ports on android please? i just have audio on 3.5 headphone jack on indiedroid nova when i use android image. Is there a fix for this? it would be great just to use one cable for everything.

Try this image: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/deedq7zatvl90h8hhauba/h/image/Android/Pcio_Pc_20220113_android.img?rlkey=gzdj9j0kmdn92urzbzmo7jpza&dl=0

thank you for the reply. Yeah i am already using this exactly image. Just for test, i burned the factory image again, it works the hdmi audio. But again, the chinese letters watermark doesn´t come out the screen. And now i have notice it, there is a annoing chinese voice talking every time i open some app.
this image solves the chinese watermark but doesnt work hdmi audio:

I just check now, all the android images to download except android factory image with chinese watermark, they don´t work hdmi audio.
Is there any workround to solve this issue?

Did you try the SlashTV distro?

yes i did. it works almost everything except hdmi and usb type c audio and i can´t resize my partition to get my full emmc 32 GB storage, even doing every instruction mentioned by Steve Slaminger, the creator of the slash tv android.
i have noticed all android avaliable to download on indiedroid nova website except the factory image with chinese watermark, doesn´t works hdmi audio.
Linux distros works fine by the way. i can choose audio output and playbacks fine on my monitor through hdmi. So its not hardware problem related.

Hopefully one of the Nova’s Android developers can take the necessary files and move them over to the main distributions.

this board its awesome, has a great potencial. but its lacks some support by the community. Its not so easy to use out of the box like the raspberry pi or even nanopi of friendlyelec has better android support.

i am not a developer, i just want to use the board on all features working for gaming. I noticed the dolphin emulator runs very bad performance. its wierd because ps2 emulator aethersx2 works fine.

do they check this forum to see what issues it is happening with their distros? is there a channel to report to them and make suggestions?

Most hang out on our Discord channel here: ameriDroid

here’s the solution i used for Debian-based distros (Armbian, Ubuntu, etc.). haven’t messed with Android, but it’s worth a shot.

open terminal and enter these commands:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:pipewire-debian/pipewire-upstream
sudo apt install pipewire pipewire-audio-client-libraries gstreamer1.0-pipewire libpipewire-0.3-{0,dev,modules} libspa-0.2-{bluetooth,dev,jack,modules} pipewire{,-{audio-client-libraries,pulse,media-session,bin,locales,tests}} -y
systemctl --user daemon-reload
systemctl --user --now disable pulseaudio.service pulseaudio.socket
systemctl --user --now enable pipewire pipewire-pulse

you can use ‘pactl info’ and if you see “Server Name: PulseAudio (on PipeWire 1.0.0)” everything should work. now just reboot and go to sound settings ‘pavucontrol’, one of the outputs should be HDMI

1 Like