Type C Port Function

What is the Max data rate?
Does it support a second HDMI port?
Where can I find a schematic?

The USB-C data port (not the power port) provides a display-port interface. You can use a USB-C to HDMI cable to output to a primary or 2nd monitor.

Schematic is posted on http://wiki.indiedroid.us now.

I tested my board with my portable display (Intehill 4K Portable Monitor for Laptop and mini PC, 13.4 inch U13NA) that have USB C OTG (only USB 2.0 speed).

It’s (Android prebuilt) capable to display 4K (16:9) and have peripheral access (connected via USB OTG from portable display) in the same time. Using only 1 USB cable connected with my board.

About USB function, its work too. I tested with my PC to check RAM via adb as:

D:\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools>adb devices
List of devices attached
<my serial number>        device

D:\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools>adb shell
x3588s:/ $ cat /proc/meminfo | grep MemTotal
MemTotal:       16071840 kB

Regards.

Thanks for the feedback! Are you saying that it does work? Or it does not work?

If you are saying it does not work, which operating system are you using on the Nova?

In response to the OP, the USB-C port for me seems to not work as a standard USB port. It may be a voltage issue or something else. I connected a few USB devices and they do not function or appear (using lsusb). However, a powered USB hub does appear, but not stable – appears and disappears (even the LED on the hub goes off then on).

I plugged in a USB-C pigtail and found it does not seem to give 5V, only a couple hundred mV. I also tried to see if my 7" monitor could run from it, but no luck (it is designed to run off SBC USB ports and did run off the USB 3.0 port on the nova).

I decompiled the dtb to look through it for anything obvious I could find to help (such as switching to USB-C function, not display as I have done with Rock 3a and SATA over USB), but no luck. I only have basic understanding of everything in DTB/DTS files (and not really good at reading schematics for this), so that doesn’t mean a change in there won’t fix it. I’m using debian bullseye, so can’t say if another OS has something different in the DTB that might make it work.